Sunday, October 28, 2007

1000 + 1 reasons to uninstall Vista

Hi again!
Three months ago, I got a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4427 laptop at work. For my own pleasure, it had Windows Vista Home Premium pre-installed. It has 1 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hard drive, DVD+RW/DVD-RAM, Centrino Core™ Duo Processor T2250 1.73GHz/2Mb L2 Cache memory.

I knew that Vista has some drawbacks while trying to "Visualize" any operation you try to accomplish so that to be *more* User Friendly!
From the fisrt day, I checked Windows Update site every week and installed each and every update (Critical, Optional, ... blah blah).

To say the least, after working on that new UI for threee months, I have to admit that my machine has hanged more than 20 times! Hanging means Complete loss of eveything, nothing would be useful except removing the battery or pressing the power button for 4+ seconds.
Not to mention that I got fried while waiting Vista to copy my 20+ Gb data from my old computer through a 100 Mbps LAN. As a last resort, I copied my old files from my old Windows XP machine.

I will ignore mentioning all the stupid warnings/messages popping up everytime you try to do anything useful. I think M$ thinks that working on Notepad is just more than enough for any user!
You shouldn't install/unistall, build/run/debug any program. You should not even try to copy/move/delete any file from your hard drive!
Many commercial programs are not compatible with Vista, as examples: Oracle 9i, latest Symbian SDK, Visual Studio 2003/2005 unless you have SP1 for 2005!

I am really very disappointed with my experience with the so called new Windows Vista. I think that person who named his daughter against "Vista" is just a big hypocrite fool!

And before I end my post, you should see these two screen shots in Vista's last days. I was just trying to copy a DVD onto my local hard disk.
Copying A simple DVD with 4.7 Gb data... this is probably what you would get:







Another surprise is this screen shot of the brand new Windows Explorer:






If you have any reasons other than Vista is just a big elephant, I will be glad to hear you!

No comments: